“Best Poo’s Ever!” With our hands over our mouth, Ciaran and I giggled. We took a peak and what it was, but we kept giggling till we passed the stall. We continued on through the Byron Bay Sunday Markets. I am a big kid, so of course this toilet humour amused me.
*Wanna hear a poo Joke? Nah, they always stink!
It did get the better of me – great marketing Good Mix! – So, after the giggling subsided, I headed back to take a better look. I tried some of the home made vege patties and then I bought some of the Bix Mix.
*Poo jokes aren’t my favourite jokes, but they’re a solid #2.
Made with ingredients such as buckwheat and chickpea flour it also contains seeds such as black and white sesame. Cumin and turmeric – which obviously gives it it’s yellowish colour – are also included. There are no ingredients that have suspicious numbers beside them, thats got to be good, right?
*What did one toilet say to the other? You’re looking a little flushed!
I first made the Salmon and Bean burger patties (see below for recipe), these were delish. Even my meat eating, vege/pescerarian sceptic housemate, Ciaran loved them.
*Why did Tigger stick his head in the toilet? He was looking for Pooh!
I freaken loved these burgers, they were moist and tasted wow! I don’t know about you, but I’ve tried some of those supermarket pre-made plant based burgers and not been a fan at all, forcing them down to eat, these I didn’t need to force at all.
*Love is like a fart, If you have to force it, its probably sh*t.
I served these with a choice of tzatziki or sour cream. Okay so, the salmon and sour cream took it from the Vegan corner to the Vegetarian one but hands down the sour cream was best with them. On the side I served steamed new potatoes – with a sprinkling of eschallots / shallots / spring onion – whatever you want to call it, depends where you are from I guess.
*Why did the blogger stop telling poo jokes? Cause they’re all sh*t!
A few days later I made the crackers, these were perfect with a soft cheese on top like a camembert, or some Danish feta.
So, did I do a Best Poo Ever? Well, thats a bit personal of you to ask! But I could say these were the Poodini of magical foods!
Salmon and bean patties.
1 x 400g packet of BixMix, soaked (in 200mL of water overnight)
30ml olive oil
1 x can of white beans (butter beans or cannellini) well drained & rinsed
200g of tinned salmon (or could use smoked)
1 cup of shallots finely chopped
More olive oil for frying
- Empty ‘BixMix’ packet into a bowl. Add 200mL of water, mix thoroughly & leave in the fridge overnight (or a few days is fine).
- Mash the rinsed & drained white beans, olive oil, & salmon roughly together in a large bowl using a fork.
- Add the soaked BixMix & shallots into the salmon & bean mix, mixing until everything is evenly combined into a pattie ‘dough’.
- Take handfuls of ‘dough’, shaped into patties & cook in a well oiled fry pan or sandwich press (put a little oil on top of your patties too if using a press). This recipe would also work well shaped into balls & baked.
- Top with avocado, tomato, a sprinkle of salt & pepper & a squeeze of lemon or lime juice. Serve on a bed of fresh greens.
RECIPE CURTESY OF:
Matty Somewhere paid for his Good Mix – Bix Mix – independently and doesn’t apologise for his crappy humour!